Good help is hard to find. Let’s change that.
Discover employer-tested ways to find, hire, and retain the exceptional employees you need to thrive this year.
And that hidden talent pool? It’s right under your nose.
The Canadian Guide to Hiring Veterans is designed to help organizations that have limited human resources and recruitment capacity build strong, resilient teams that include Veterans who are ready to offer their work ethic, leadership, and highly specialized skills to fill today’s skills and labour shortages.
This definitive guide helps employers and hiring managers tap into the hidden talent pool of Canadas Veterans, providing an easy, win-win solution to today’s hiring challenges and labour shortages.
This easy to use resource offers:
- practical, reusable tools for finding, hiring, and retaining Veterans (including a hiring checklist, interview guide, onboarding framework, and more);
- myth-busting research about Veterans in the civilian workforce; and,
- additional resources compiled in one convenient place for connecting with Veterans, job services, and other human resources tools.
The second important purpose of this Guide is to help de-stigmatize Veterans both in and outside the workplace, and to clarify exactly why they make such a valuable yet hidden talent pool and recruitment source in Canada. This Guide includes Challenge Factory’s ground-breaking national research about employer hiring biases and the unique working style of Veterans.
- perceptions about Veterans in the civilian workforce;
- why employers in need of talent and Veteran jobseekers are missing each other; and,
- lessons that can be learned from existing Veteran hiring programs.